My SIL convinced me that I should do a blog and I am excited to start this but I don't know how to do all the cool stuff she does so bear with me as I learn. I guess I will go back in time and start with the first day if school. On Monday August 4th I sent my first baby into the world to conquer it on her own.( At least that's how I felt) Two weeks before School I realised how close kindergarten was and I couldn't help but think I didn't teach her enough or help her become independent enough or learn to deal with mean people and still feel confident within her self. I would unsuccessfully try to hold back tears every time I tried to talk to any one about it.
All to soon the day was here and I got through it with out any tears. Savanah was great she kissed us all goodbye and stood in line and waved no tears , no fear. When she came home she told me a girl was mean to her but didn't seem to bothered by it so I told her the same thing I always do when she wonders why someone is mean, they just need to feel love. The rest of the week went by pretty uneventfully till Friday when I picked her up and she ran to me in tears saying that same little girl told someone else not to play with Savanah. Great my biggest fear was happening and it was only the first week! That weekend we had long talks about why people are mean , anyone who knows Savanah knows she won't settle for a simple answer if she is really interested and is not easily distracted. by Sunday I had told her, many times, people just need to know they are loved to feel confident enough to be nice, and if she could just remember that Heavenly Father and Jesus and Mommy and Daddy love her that was the most important thing. So when I picked her up on Monday I asked her who she played with and she said the little girl who was so mean to her. I was surprised and asked her, "So she just decided to be nice?" she just said, "yeah" I asked, "Why do you think she was nice today?" she said , "I don't know." I said, "So you just started playing with her?" she said, "Well first I told her I love her and that I want to be her friend." WOW I am so amazed at how strong she was to walk up to her bully and fully accept her with love I now know that she is strong enough to survive anything she might encounter, all my worrying was unnecessary.
Savanah on her way to school such a pretty girl! Savanah after school she was so tired.

5 comments:
Thanks for inviting me to your way cute blog!! What a big girl! I can't believe how big she is! :p)
LOVE IT!! With as many pictures as y'all take you need somewhere to post them! Your girls are so cute and do/say so many cute things... you'll be so glad you are recording them!!
WOW Savanah constantly blows me away!!! It must be because she has such an amazing mother!!! those pictures are so cute! I miss you guys! Tell Savanah that I am proud of her and i love her!
Aunt Sheri
What a big day! She looks like she needed a rest after experiencing "school." She is a little doll.
What a GREAT mom you are! Do you suppose you could go out and teach the world this wonderful lesson about why people are mean. You could bring about world peace! She is very blessed to have a teacher of such important truths. Keep blogging. I love to ready what you've written.
Post a Comment