Monday, August 25, 2008

FROGS

Every time it rains our streets are filled with frogs. The next few days our streets are filled with dead frogs smashed by cars or feet or just dried up, so when we saw so many tonight our girls, being the animal lovers they are, decided we should gather the frogs and release them at the park. Daddy got a cup and we started to chase frogs up and down the streets Mommy held the cup, Daddy held the flashlight, and Vanna and Hara caught the frogs. These pictures are before our trek to the park these are just the frogs we caught in our front yard. On the way to the park we caught plenty more for a total of 37 frogs! We let them all go except for three Sahara wanted two because they were kissing and getting married and Savanah wanted to go down the slide with hers. At about 9:30 we decided we needed to go and leave all the frogs there. Then came the waterworks Sahara was OK after I told her the frogs needed to go see their mommy, but of course my sensitive dramatic Savanah was inconsolable. She was so worried that if we left them there they would find there way back to the road. Finally she calmed down when she realised how far away the road was in froggy jumps. Sahara fell asleep in my coat ( I told you she can sleep anywhere) and Savanah got cold so we decided to come home all the while blowing kisses to our froggy friends and trying not to step on the billion more we saw on the way home.    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun story. You are a good writer Alecia. I felt like I was right there enjoying the fun and drama. And I love this picture of you & the girls. You have such a sweet little family. Love, Susie

Jen said...

Fun memories!!! I can totally see Savanah concerned over the frogs...